Amer Group Audit Committee assists the Board in the oversight of both the internal and external audit functions. It receives its authority and its assignments from the Board, however, the ultimate responsibility for decision and action remains with the full Board.
Purpose of the
Audit Committee is to
- Oversee the accounting, auditing, financial reporting and internal financial
controls of Amer Group.
- Monitor the integrity of Amer Group management and its policies, legal
compliance, reporting practices and systems of internal controls
regarding finance and accounting.
- Review the effectiveness of the Company’s internal financial controls,
internal audit, internal control and risk management systems.
- Recommend the nomination, compensation and retention of External
- Oversee the independence, qualifications and performance of the
Company’s External and Internal Auditors.
- Establish and maintain procedures for processing complaints regarding
accounting, internal controls or auditing matters and for the confidential
anonymous submission by Amer Group employees.
- Review any issue of conflict of interest, ethical conduct or compliance
- Provides one avenue of communication among the External Auditors,
management, the internal auditing function and the BoD concerning
accounting, auditing, financial reporting and controls.
Audit Committee Meetings
Amer Group Board Audit Committee meets at least four times per year (at least once each quarter), physically or via conference call, on a schedule adopted by the Committee and as many additional times as the Committee deems necessary.